Friday, October 12, 2007

Modern Russian Painting Update #1

This is just a quick update/status report on progress towards my plans for soviet world domination.

I now have two companies of crack VDV “desantniki” ready to be dropped anywhere in the world on a moments notice… Afghanistan… Scotland…. Japser, Alberta…. Calumet, Colorado (no wiat… those were Cubans..).

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)

Here they are. I have one more company to go to finish off the battalion. These are the Mars Figures re-issues of the old Esci Russian “Spetznaz”. Except for the CO stand which is from Combat Miniatures.


The first of my Ace kits to be assembled and painted; the BRDM 1. Not the best kit I ever put together. I assembled a Heller VAB at the same time and it was a dream by comparison. The Ace kits are the right price (at least where I’m getting them from) and the right kits of hard to find pieces of equipment.


Another shot of the BRDM…


Yet another shot of the BRDM… I guess it turned out not TOO bad in the end. It was a lot of work though.

Next… not sure… paint some more VDV to finish off the battalion? I have a pair of T-72s half painted (or half re-painted rather as they were bought painted) and another to assemble…? or maybe switch gears and start working on some British equipment…?

I need to get some BMDs for these VDV now….

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

I played a game of Cold War Commanderized AK-47 Republic last night with Gary – should have a quick report and pics up later today…

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete