Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dryads

My new copy of Hordes of the Things arrived in the post yesterday. While I can’t find anything significantly different rules-wise (I haven’t read it all just yet…) I must say that it is MUCH more clearly organized and well worth the expenditure!

That got me motivated to bang out some figures last night… I got a sprue of four Games Workshop Dryads in a trade. These aren’t your normal “hot chick in the woods” type dryads – these tree spirits look like nasty pieces of work. I thought they’d make perfect “Lurkers” for my Elf HOTT army. As these only really required one of two colours and most of it’s dry brushing I thought I could manage it standing up.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


I don’t know about you but I wouldn’t want to walk into a woody terrain feature and have these pop up in my face!!

I went to see the surgeon yesterday (hour and a half wait – I did more sitting, if you could call the slouched back on one side position I was in “sitting”, in that office waitingthan I had in the entire two weeks previous!) and he decided to take out all of my stitches. He said everythings looking pretty good, but after taking them out he said there’s a chance the wound might just open up now that the stitches are out… in which case I would hve to rush to the emergency room and have it packed or sewed back up again… (gee, thanks doc. You couldn’t have left just a couple in?!). Anyway, he said to take it easy for a couple more days and in a week or two he suggested I’d be back to 100% (though he might have insinuated that I lay off the winter cycling for a bit…. (How the hell am I going to get to the Dragon’s Den Boxing Day sale!?). Ah well, I’m hoping I’ll be sitting again by the weekend and painting up a storm.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're back to 100% soon!

    And be careful, I wouldn't want you to damage any miniatures when smashing open the Christmas Box!

    ReplyDelete