Sunday, December 14, 2008

HOTT Campaign Map

I may not have been painting much... but I have been thinking an awful lot about the Hordes of the Things campaign. Planning and organizing armies, buying miniatures off ebay, designing a fantasy setting of my own... and making a map of it!

Here it is (you can click on it to see a bigger version):



Orcland - is obviously the Orcs - not so much a nation as a loose grouping of tribes that occasionally recognize one of their own as overlord and go to war under them...

Dwarvia - The equally obvious land of the Dwarves.

Amundaland - From the ruins of a once great ancient civilization has sprung an army of the undead! BWA-HA-HA-Ha-Ha-ha-ha.... ha... heh...

Nordland - Humans (think "Vikings")

Angland - Humans (if you guessed "Saxons", you were right...)

Narn - Humans (You get three guesses, if one of them isn't "Normans" I'd like to slap you with a dead fish).

Eilf - The Elves.... now those of you familiar with DBA/HOTT campaign maps might notice that they have a limited number of routes to the rest of the world and the only way to get anywhere would be through Angland... well... those are the routes for "normal" sea-faring folk... The elves have an ultra-secret "special nautical movement rule"... Shhhhh, don't tell anyone... (Don't worry everyone else will have some sort of "special rule")

I haven't gotten so far as to come up with the names of the kings and rulers or much of a background... but that's coming...

8 comments:

  1. Nice map! Looks like it was hand-drawn, scanned, and then colored and lettered in some graphics application.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, yes it was!

    Photoshop and Illustrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't want to be Angland on that map.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah.... Angland's going to have to be a bit of a diplomat and make very good friends with the elves...

    That better not be Cory making that anonymous comment! If it is all I've got to say is "You PUSSY!"

    In other news my new copy of HoTT arrived in the post yesterday. I haven't found any major changes yet but it definitely seems much better organized that my old copy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No... this is me.
    And there's no pussy here. I played A-S in a BBA campaign, and kicked butt. That's not easy, with an all spear army, in that game.
    They're my only WAB army too, but not nearly as succesful.

    It takes a real man to play the underdog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah there's my man. I knew the Alberta Open champ, who has flayed me at DBA more times than I care to remember, couldn't possibly be whinging already!

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha Know you have to make a Bigger map showing the hole world. Curiosity killed the Cat. So my name will remain weird.


    HAHAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete