Thursday, April 2, 2009

Norman Spear

Here, at last, are the promised Norman spear – the last of the Norman infantry… well… for now… O h except for the crossbowmen…. (bugger!) Anyway, all I have left to complete this army is two more stands of knights, a stand of Cavalry, a stand of Light Horse, and the crossbowmen… Then it’s on to some UNDEAD!!

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


The two stands on the flanks are the new ones and all of the spearmen on those stands are from Old Glory. (The “command” stand in the middle - which was painted last week - is mostly Gripping Beast).

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

I’d like to say more Normans…. But I’m sure I’ll sneak something else in before then…

2 comments:

  1. I have been so busy with school and work that I haven't visited your blog for quite awhile. Holy CRAP!! have you made a lot of progress on those Normans! Dude!
    And they look so cool. I like that they are sort of ragtag with a mix of shirts and mail hauberks. I don't picture Dark Age armies as being uniform since each person was responsible for outfitting themselves. I also suspect that not everyone had a helmet and if they did I would guess that a few got lost in the heat of battle. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was assembling the crossbowmen and primed the last of the cavalry last night....

    ReplyDelete