Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Birds of a Feather…

Well 2009 is rapidly drawing to a close. I keep looking at that total over on the left there and thinking “dang… didn’t quite make 1000…” Then I realize I’m looking at the foot and totally discounting the 148 MOUNTED I painted as well… I thought I’d actually end up painting more than I purchased this year – and very nearly did it before I went on this little spending spree over the last four weeks. Ah well…

Anyway, more on that in another post – here’s the latest…


Here are two Phoenix Clan samurai (the figures are from Perry Miniatures)


These are Crane Clan Samurai – one is another Perry Mini the other two are Kenshinzen from AEG’s L5R/clan war line.


…and then not really related to birds at all we have a Unicorn Clan shugenja (Iushi Takaai, I think… also from AEG) and another converted West Wind vampire (she’s flying… birds fly…?).

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

A look back at 2009 – it really has been an extraordinary year…

2 comments:

  1. Cool! I have a stash of 1/72 plastic feudal Japanese I've been meaning to paint (someday). Do you listen to In Our Time on BBC Radio 4? If you download the podcast you can hear their recent program on the samurai.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strangely, I used to listen to a LOT of radio (not having a TV, something to listen to while spending hours painting...) - CBC, CFCR (a local community station). But about five years ago I just stopped... I switched jobs at that point and the new job I had to listen to commercial garbage radio for 8 hours a day. I don't know, I guess after that I'd rather listen to silence...?

    Thanks for the tip, I may look into that at some point!

    ReplyDelete