Sunday, March 28, 2010

Tropical U-boat Crew

Another crazy ebay deal… Not entirely sure WHY I painted these up right away… but I did.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


These are the Tropical U-boat crew from Brigade Games. Here they are stumbling through the jungle of some uncharted island in the south pacific searching for some ancient lost temple – oblivious to the unspeakable horrors that await them…. (MWA-HA-HA-HA-Ha-Ha-ha-ha-ha…!)

I already have some U-boat Crew that I painted up almost 2 years ago (from Artizan Designs) – they’re not what you might call “dressed for the tropics”, however.

Now all I need is a U-Boat!! (I'll probably scratch build myself on at some point...)

6 comments:

  1. You probably only need the conning tower and a bit of the upper deck of a U-Boat, which makes it a more do-able scratch build. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. EXACTLY!

    I actually started building a submarine for a VSF game a while back, but I'm not sure if I ever quite 100% finished it... It was as bit boxy-clunky looking to pass as a U-boat. But it was pretty damn easy, so should I ever feel like I'm getting close to needing one I could crank out out pretty quick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on the decaling on the white shirts. Did you do this by hand? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They would make an awesome shore party for any game with or without the submarine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bob - yes, by hand.

    Jmezz - yeah, that's probably what they'll mostly be used for...

    But, I could envision a scenario where they have to get back to the U-boat before being eaten by giant apes or dinosaurs or unspeakable horrors... or have to hold off angry natives for X number of turns while supplies are loaded and the motor fired up, then fall back to the boat and get away...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice man, nice! I am looking forward to that u-boat as well!

    n.

    ReplyDelete