Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Russian HMG and More Camouflage


Despite promising myself I’d go to bed earlier I was feeling like I wanted to just finish up a few things…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


This is a Russian HMG team I picked up off ebay a week or so ago. They are from First Corps. They are a tad on the hefty side – but I’m not the fussy sort. When I’ve got a entire company of Russians on the table who’s going to notice if one or two look a little “well fed”.


Here is a comparison photo of the First Corps HMG team and one I painted earlier from Bolt Action Miniatures.

After staring at Paul’s Panzer-Grenadiers some more… and then staring at more examples online… I decided to have another go at some early war SS camouflage.


This is another one of those mystery figures I picked up off of ebay. They were listed as “West Wind?”, but they don’t look all that West Wind-ish to me… I was going to guess Battle Honors – but looking through their catalogue they don’t quite match… (last time I guess Battle Honours I was dead wrong too…) Any guesses out there from cyberland…?

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

SS or Fallchirmjägers…

3 comments:

  1. Possibly Battlegroup Tim.

    The Russian HMG looks great.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Battlegroup Miniatures...? I'm not sure I've heard of those. I'll have to snoop about! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh. found them. Owned by Stronghold miniatures. What a horrific site to navigate.... Then, when I FINALLY clicked on Battle Group Panzer Grenadiers (hoping I might find pictures that would solve the mystery...)... i got a 404 error... Urrrrr!

    Ah well...

    ReplyDelete