Monday, April 11, 2011

Formless Horror


The fans of our Realms of Cthulhu campaign will be happy to see this (or… maybe they won’t…!?).

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


SANITY ROLL!


I just about went insane trying to paint all the eyes. I was carpet bombing with f-bombs last night in the hobby bunker…


The figure is from Reaper Miniatures and I think is a really amazing sculpt. There’s even a half devoured victim inside its primary maw.

I couldn’t help thinking of that bit from Hot Fuzz, where after they chase down the shoplifter and Danny and the shoplifter recognize each other and Sgt. Angel wonders why he hadn’t just told him that earlier and Danny says “I’m not made of eyes!?” – they guys IS made of eyes!

(and teeth…)

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Um… Zulus…?

9 comments:

  1. I love this figure and I think you've done an excellent job on it. Personally, I'd have probably based it in more of a dungeon setting or perhaps an urban one - but that's just me! The detail is excellent. Nice job :-) Btw - been a long time lurker. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. You've done a great job there Tim.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!

    Yeah I've tried basing things differently in the past - but inevitably I ended up using stuff based for one thing in a different setting mixed with other things and... well... there's just no winning - so for consistency I just base everything the same...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is f**king cool!

    Maybe I should bump my Spirit to D12...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, what a painting nightmare the sculpt is! It looks great but I would never pass the courage roll necessary to get down to painting it. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The eyes have it!!!
    That really is a great looking sculpt and you´ve done a grand paint job on it.
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice job Tim! Nonetheless, this is not 'something 19th century' unless its 'Cthhulu by Lamplight'...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure one of these showed up in a Sherlock Holmes story...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow !! Beautifull!!! Very great work !!!

    ReplyDelete