Saturday, December 24, 2011

Great War Scots Officers

Well I don’t have the highlanders to show you yet. I’m supposed to wait 24 hours after Curt posts them over at Analogue Hobbies for them to count in the2nd Annual Winter Painting Challenge. He’s holding off on posting them right away… something about demoralizing all the other participants… I can post today's pics because they won't be counted - as they were (mostly) painted before the start of the challenge.

Anyway, I decided I needed some officers for the Highlanders and Scots. As Renegade doesn’t make their own I decided to convert some.


(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


These are converted Renegade Miniatures British officers (From WW1B04 British Command – I can’t seem to find the post where I originally painted them…) Anyway, I carved off their Service Dress Caps and for the Highland unit’s officer I modeled a Tam and painted his pants tartan to look like trews (though, technically, I think he should be wearing a cut-away jacket with them – it seemed like it would be to fiddly to try and carve away part of his jacket and pockets…). For the Scots officer I added a Glengarry…

As the rest of the Scots arrived yesterday. I stuck them to bases last night and will probably prime them today sometime and get cracking on them tomorrow to finish up that unit!

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

On the workbench, much like yesterday, War of 1812 British Infantry and Militia (though they are now primed), 20mm British Paras, other assorted and sundry articles… and now some of the recently arrived Renegade models…

As Amanda’s got a week off I should get some extra painting time in – and I’ll probably use it to the fullest – not really just to demoralize my fellow competitors – but just to get some stuff DONE as I imagine my painting time is going to diminish some in the new year…

4 comments:

  1. Demoralizing other participants? Is this a contest or a self-esteem building exercise? You are trying to win, dammit! As any trade unionist would tell you, hit first and hit hard!

    Nice figures, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work as always!
    The quantity and quality and diversity of your miniature output is amazing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent stuff. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing throughout the year.
    Have a very Merry Christmas and safe new year.
    Guido.

    ReplyDelete