Thursday, January 19, 2012

Dark Age DBA Campaign Weekend

As I may have mentioned I'm hosting a Dark Age DBA Campaign Weekend on Saturday, February 25th of this year (my birthday, actually)! It is currently full up and there's a bit of a wait list in case anyone bails....

It looks like we're going to have nine players. There will be two English, two Norse/Viking, Welsh, Scots, Irish, Normans and West Franks.

I've been slacking off on my painting of Dark Age stuff and so I took stock of what I need to finish up earlier this evening... In the next five weeks (35 days) before the campaign I have 35 stands I need to finish up (to have complete - all options - armies). That's a stand per day... Seems a bit daunting, but I'm pretty sure I can pull it off... some of them are Psiloi with only three figures per stand, a bunch are Mounted - again three figures per stand (plus horses). In total it adds up to 109 foot and 37 mounted.

I have some norman Spear I just finished up earlier this evening (not counted in the 25 stands)... What will I do this evening (after I finish basing the Spear)? Maybe I'll knock off a couple stands of Psiloi - so I'm "ahead of the game"!

Unfortunately a number of the stands require some assembly yet - including the manufacture of a great number of spears.... Hopefully I'll be able to convince Amanda to let me paint all day for a couple of the Saturdays... Maybe that will be my job for this saturday - manufacture spears, drill hands and glue... maybe even do some priming.

Anyway, stay tuned to see Dark Age warriors painted at a rather frenetic pace!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to this. We just had a trial of our Ancients DBA campaign and learned a lot from the process (update on the blog soon) but I'll follow this with interest to see what ideas I can pinch.

    ReplyDelete