Monday, June 4, 2012

Centaurs!


While this might look like a sudden burst of productivity, I have to admit these were mostly painted over a month ago… I’ve only just finished them off…

I have for a long time dreamt about having a Centaur army for HOTT/DBA – modeled on Skythians (all Light Horse or Riders – galloping to and fro…). I think even before I was aware HOTT existed I thought of doing a DBA army of all “Cavalry” and/or “Light Horse” – based on Mongols or Skythians or something similar. Now, finally I have enough to field an army of them…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)

This batch is all figures from Wargames Foundry.

This batch is all figures from Mega Miniatures.

Here they are with the rest of the elements I currently have…


The army consists of :

1x Knight or Rider General (or Cavalry General in DBA)
1x Magician
7-8x Riders (Light Horse in DBA)
1-2x Shooters (Allied Satyr Archers – to give the army something to deal with stuff in bad-going)

I’ve also thought of adding some wolves (Beasts) as an optional element to give them some ability to deal with things in bad-going that are also FAST!

I have another six or seven stands worth of Centaurs yet to paint – but I was trying to go for a distinctly Ancient Greek look for these – and the other dozen or so Centaurs I have are in a mix of plate and chain mail with weapons and shields the definitely do not look Ancient Greek-ish. Perhaps they’ll show up in a Narnian army… or eventually a second entire Centaur army…?

There are actually a few other Centaurs I’d like to pick up to add to this army… I like the look of the ones from Eureka Miniatures and Black Hat Miniatures. It’d be nice to have a stand or two of each… Just to have some more variety and fill out the twelve complete stands of Riders/Light Horse.

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Hmmmm… Probably WW2-ish stuff… or Amazons… or Greek Hoplites…

I have to say I’m pretty stoked about the immanent release of the Savage Worlds version of  Three Kings (The link is for the CoC version) - the first adventure for the   ACHTUNG! CTHULHU! setting. So expect a few more WW2 and unspeakable horror minis in the not-too-distant future… 

1 comment:

  1. Nice army; marvelous work on the shield patterns. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete