Tuesday, December 11, 2012

US Navy Seals, Zombie Marines, and Killer Robots

More oddities rolling of the workbench…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


SEALs from Eureka Miniatures.


Zombie Marine from Victory Force Miniatures. He’s the first of 10 zombified military-types I picked up from them (along with a few other things). They’re kind of fun… but they’re also kind of on the HUGE side…

Victory force Zombie with my other marines from Empress  and Eureka…


He’s even pretty chunky next to Devil Dog Designs and Assault Group Americans…



Half of these are Metal Magic figures I’ve had for almost 20 years – but just recently rebased. The other five I recently picked up from EM4 Miniatures to make a bigger unit for Tomorrow’s War. It probably would have been more sensible to have painted them in a flat, nonmetallic colour – as, honestly, they’d probably be built out of some sort of plastic-polymore-ceramic or something. But when I first bought the Metal Magic they kind of reminded me of the kung-fu robot from Ice Pirates… which I seem to recall were metallic… so I painted them that way….


Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

More Killer Robots… More Zombies… things aren’t looking good for mankind!

6 comments:

  1. Nice work Tim! Those Eureka SEALS are particularly brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all good but the SEALs are my favorite naturally. The others look good too. I honestly can't think of a better place for a zombie than the USMC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They´re looking great, as always :D
    But you know they are meant to play games with after they´re painted? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one well-fed zombie! I guess that's why he's a marine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got to love Zombies.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete