Friday, January 23, 2015

Micro Sci-Fi – Eldar, etc

Wow… is this really my first painting update of the year?! I guess so…

In December the first part of our Reaper CAV Kickstarter showed up. I got in on the kickstarter to set me and the kids up with some giant fighting robots so we could play Samurai Robot Battle Royale. I painted one in December and have been working, on and off, on a few others – as well as a few other micro sci-fi things I’ve dug out of the lead/plastic pile…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


Reaper Miniatures plastic CAV walker of some sort. I wasn’t totally happy with the warm colour camouflage on the previous one so I went with a more traditional camouflage scheme…


Using that same scheme I painted up a few self-propelled artillery from Ground Zero Games (I think… I picked them up off ebay a few years back…)


I also dug out some old Games Workshop Epic Eldar to have a crack at.


One Eldar Falcon Squadron


Another Eldar Falcon Squadron



Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

I have quite the assortment of stuff on the workbench at the moment… more Micro SF stuff… a Great War Canadian battalion… Deep Ones and Deep One Hybrids… hard to tell what will get finished first as none of them are really pressing.

I’d really like to get back into some actual GAMING with the miniatures… but things are a bit of a mess in the games room and it’s just too easy to plop down a boardgame and play that instead…  

6 comments:

  1. Nice work on all of those Tim. I particularly like the Epic Eldar. Epic 40k is one of those games I wish I had got into at the time. Oh well plenty of new games always coming out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark! No reason why you still couldn't get into Epic. Lots of this stuff still floating around. If you are patient and willing to check ebay regularly these things come up in lots that aren't so crazy expensive as what most people seem to want to try and sell them for...

      Delete
  2. Fan-freaking-tastic Tim!

    Hopefully that was enough to motivate me to prep the 20-some minis out of the Battletech Intro Box Set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Eric! Stay tuned - there should be some more in the not-too-distant future!

      Delete
  3. Nice work as always, Tim. I'm considering a few smaller (micro) scale projects and this is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dean! I am definitely looking forward to seeing what you can do with some micro stuff!

      Delete