Thursday, September 28, 2017

One More Jet Bike!

Actually I have about 7 more to do (plus I have parts for another six that were supposed to be for the kids to assemble and paint themselves). But this is the last one I'll have ready for ToonCon which starts TOMORROW!! I had hoped to have ten ready - even though I'd set the event limit at 8 and only 6 are pre-registered. There always seems to be a few that show up on the day asking if there is space - and there usually is, because a few of the pre-registered people never seem to show up...? Is that normal for a convention or is it just ToonCon...? Or is it just ME!?



This bike, like most of the others, was made up of bits from Ramshackle Games Jet Bike Construction Kit Kickstarter.



This one wasn't inspired by any vehicles from any TV or Movies.



The fairing could have done with a bit more weathering... ah well...

Over the last week I've been preparing other stuff for the game.



First of all I made some new measuring sticks just for Faustus Furius: 3000. These are cut from 1/8" MDF and are a bit longer than standard Song of Blades and Heroes measuring sticks. I've also made these the same width as the jet bike bases - so when placed in front of the bike when they go to move it will show their exact path and if the stick covers the base of any other bikes - CRASH!!!



I also decided to make some fancy activation cards because I wanted something a little less bland than a number written on a card with a felt marker. I laid them out on some card stock I had - and planned to put them into some card sleeves - with some spare cards I had lying around to give them a bit more stiffness.



hand painting there with the same paints I used on the bikes themselves.



almost done.



All the bikes that will be available for use at ToonCon with their hand-painted, custom activation cards.


Coming Soon to Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Tomorrow I will probably post the boardgames we've played this past week.

Sunday I will have a post about ToonCon and probably a second one about the FF3K Jet Bike Racing Game.

So stay tuned!

6 comments:

  1. The bike looks great. I like the cards, too. Nice work all around! I am sure your players will have a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! I'm feeling pretty confident it'll turn out okay. Conventions are always a bit of a crap-shoot - anyone can sign up and show up. I've been excessively lucky to have always had fabulous players at any of the ToonCon games I've run. But I've been at other conventions where one dick at the table can ruin it for everyone. Sometimes that an be ameliorated by having an airtight set of rules and a thoroughly play-tested scenario... These are whimsical enough rules that I don't think it's going to attract the WIN-AT-ALL-COST types...

      Delete
  2. Great looking bike and a nice set of activation cards. Good luck at the convention, hope it goes well.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work with all the associated paraphernalia. Makes a game even more fun IMHO.

    ReplyDelete