Monday, January 29, 2018

Tau Ethereal

Hot on the heels of the Tau Pathfinders, I finished up a Tau Ethereal....



Tau Ethereal from Games Workshop.

This figure has been in a half painted state for months. Like the Pathfinders I wasn't really sure what colours to use. I didn't want to use just plain metal for the weapon - they're super advanced aliens - I just can't picture them carrying around steel weapons... with wooden shafts... I just couldn't be bothered to figure out how to do some sort of non-metallic-shiny-look and just painted it purple and green to be done with it... and now it's done.

I picked this one up in the fall around the time I picked up Shadow War: Armageddon and started thinking about putting together a Tau Pathfinder Kill Team. Ethereals are available as a Special Operative for the Tau. Special Operatives do not permanently join the Kill Team, you give up a Prometeum Cache to add them to your Kill Team for one game only. I haven't been worrying too much about Special Operatives as it seems a lot to give up for a one use thing - I guess if you were really far ahead in a campaign and stuff...? I don't know... guess I'll have to play and find out!


Coming Soon to Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog:

I did a bit more work on the Tallarn Roughriders last night - they're coming along nicely.

Hoping to get in a game of 40K or Shadow War: Armageddon today or tomorrow - so stay tuned for the game report. 

Next, however, should be a brief post about this past week's games.

3 comments:

  1. Good color choices! I like your idea of making the weapon non-metallic. Deciding on colors is often my biggest stumbling block, the main thing that might put a mini "on hold". Sometimes it just takes the right inspiration before I can make progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine as well! Once I KNOW what colours are going where, I can set up a production line and just crank them out. But it's the figuring out what colours to use and where that always slows me up - especially on a one-off character mini like this one...

      Delete
  2. Great job - he looks so other-worldy and obnoxious...like he could do with a bolter shot a point-blank range - the true spirit of the Tau. Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete